Network Security ¶
Control Internet access outbound traffic ¶
- Review and analyse available alternatives for controlling outbound traffic in VPCs.
- All possible candidates need to offer a reasonable balance between features and pricing.
Leverage currently supports ¶
- Network ACL (Subnet firewall)
- Security Groups (Instance firewall)
What alternatives do we have? ¶
First of all, keep in mind the following points before and while you go through the data in the table:
- 1 EBS pricing at the moment of this writing:
- GP2: $0.10 per GB-month
GP3: $0.08 per GB-month)
2 DataTransfer costs will be incurred in all options
Dedicated Network NAT-GW + Network Firewall Account ¶
Centralized Network Firewall deployment model, North-South: Centralized internet egress (VPC to internet via Transit Gateway) and NAT gateway.
Comparison of the alternatives analysed ¶
Leverage Confluence Documentation
You'll find here a detailed comparison table including the alternative product and solution types, pricing model, features, pros & cons.